What would I do at snap40
We build tech that saves lives. Imagine building a platform that can monitor and analyse the health of every human being, that can direct healthcare attention to them before they know they need it. Imagine medication arriving in the post or an ambulance arriving outside - automatically. That's what we are building.
We are recruiting data scientists to join our signals team and our insights team. You will build reliable, validatable models that will estimate vital signs from raw physiological waveform data and that predict, both generally and for specific diseases, outcomes and suggested interventions. You will work in a cross-functional team including biomedical engineers, data engineers, software engineers and physicians.
You will build models and write code that will save lives.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to rapidly prototype statistical analysis and modelling algorithms and apply these algorithms to patient health
- Significant software engineering expertise in one of Python/Java/C#
- Well versed in the fundamentals of machine learning e.g. formulating problems, feature engineering, regression and classification models, cross validation
- Working experience with any of the common, production-facing ML and statistical tools (e.g. scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, R)
- Highly motivated to define and build production-grade, robust data science solutions end-to-end
- Practical experience with Hadoop/MapReduce/Spark
- A passion for solving complex real-world problems
- Ability to work at the front-line, with customers and patients
- Flexibility to learn whatever tools and skills are required to deliver a world-class product
- Someone who never accepts mediocrity but is driven to pragmatically get things done
- Love to work with smart people and always willing to challenge and debate. Nothing is ever ‘ok’
- You will probably have a masters degree or PhD in a computational or numerical discipline
Why should I choose snap40?
- Solve real, hard problems that save lives and touch families. Solve problems that have never been solved before.
- Be a founding team member of a hyper-growth startup
- Be given complete freedom and autonomy to do what you do best - we're also remote friendly
- The best tools to help you succeed every day
- Stock options - our company is your company. We want to build it together