What would I do at snap40
We build tech that saves lives. Imagine building a platform that can monitor and analyse the health of every human being, that can direct healthcare attention to them before they know they need it. Imagine medication arriving in the post or an ambulance arriving outside - automatically. That's what we are building.
We are looking for an electronics engineer to join our device team. You will work on making our device dramatically smaller, while incorporating new optical, electrical and physiologic sensors to obtain precise and reliable signals from patients in multiple environments.
Our device generates large volumes of streaming sensor data, transmitting to our platform which applies various models to generate vital signs. Further machine learning models are used to generate alarms which create actions and interventions. We serve users via our own mobile applications, but we are also building out REST APIs to allow integrations. Our platform also serves our data science team for research and development.
You will design hardware that will save lives.
What are we looking for?
- Outstanding electronics engineering knowledge and experience, with a focus on either embedded systems, biomedical or optoelectronics.
- Experienced in the design, manufacture and validation of various PCB technologies including micro-vias, flex-PCBs, HDI and fine pitch BGAs
- Experienced user of EDA tools, such as Altium Designer (or similar) for Schematic entry, PCB layout & BOM management
- Strong ability to design for EMC compliance, experience of EMC testing
- Experience using MEMS, optical sensors, SMPS, including knowledge of design and manufacturing constraints
- Knowledge of wireless antenna design constraints, including WiFi and BLE
- Have designed systems for low power operation
- Knowledge of Li-Ion battery charging technique, including Qi wireless charging
- Skills in circuit level prototyping, debug and modification (using test equipment, hand soldering, etc.)
- Skills in analysing sensor data using tools such as Python, MatLab and Excel
- Ideally have experience with embedded systems and have a working knowledge of firmware development in C or similar
- Have the competence to develop test tools and software to aid in hardware development and test
- Experience designing test fixtures for manufacturing and development
- Have worked to recognised quality standards (ISO9001/ISO13485), ideally medical standards
- Ability to resolve issues including those related to architecture (performance, power), production (manufacturing, quality) and development (schematic design, PCB layout, integration)
- Previous experience collaborating with other designers, engineers, manufacturers, sales and marketing, customer success and customers to solve design issues and preserve design intent
- Strive for excellence by designing for, among other areas, manufacture, quality, service, cost and reliability
- A belief in the importance of user-centred design in product development
Why should I choose snap40?
- Solve real, hard problems that save lives and touch families. Solve problems that have never been solved before.
- Be a founding team member of a hyper-growth startup
- Be given complete freedom and autonomy to do what you do best - we're also remote friendly
- The best tools to help you succeed every day
- Stock options - our company is your company. We want to build it together