What will you do
As a snap40 Software Engineer, you will work as part of our engineering and product team to build out our product for patients and healthcare providers. You will be involved in every stage of the product life cycle, deploy it out into the wild and see its positive impact on real people. You will work on new features as well as on our existing codebase.
- You are flexible and can learn on the job quickly
- You enjoy solving problems and making a difference
- You can pragmatically balance quality with a fast-paced schedule
- You are a good team player, ready to help, debate, compromise and work together
- You are comfortable working, prototyping and delivering incrementally, adapting based on customer needs and technical difficulties, always with the user in mind
- You have an eye for detail and spotted the typo in the second bullet point
- You always look at the big picture - don't bother with the previous point, there is no typo
We would like you to...
- Have a degree in Computer Science, related field, equivalent training or work experience
- Have a good knowledge of at least one modern programming language
- Have experience writing tests and testable code
- Be comfortable reviewing, releasing, deploying and troubleshooting your and other people's code
- Not be afraid to write SQL and have some experience with NoSQL databases
- Have experience with REST and JSON
- Have knowledge of event driven architectures and streaming
Bonus points for...
- Experience with real-time streaming architectures and complex event processing tools (Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, etc)
- Experience scaling up architectures and making them highly available
- Experience securing systems
- Experience with Couchbase Mobile or similar offline-first high availability data stores
- Experience developing Ionic mobile apps
Technologies we use
- Backend: Java (Spring), Python, .NET
- Databases: PostgreSQL (RDS), Couchbase and others
- Infrastructure: Linux, RabbitMQ, AWS via Terraform, Chef, Nomad, Consul and Fabio
- Monitoring: DataDog and ELK
In just 2 years, we built our product, monitored 1000 patients, built a phenomenal team of 21 and gained EU regulatory approval. We raised one of the largest seed rounds in UK history. We're now bringing our product to some of the top healthcare providers in the world
We offer a flexible work environment, where you’ll have the autonomy and freedom to do what you do best. We are hugely ambitious and focussed, but we have fun. As a company we are supportive, trusting and transparent and we’re early stage enough that you’ll have the chance to build the company you want to work for.
Something to think about is the idea that you can go home after a days work and know that you could well have directly contributed to saving someone’s life; this gets everyone in the company very excited.
On top of that we provide:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options – our company is your company. We want to build it together
- Spec your own dev environment
- Free lunch every Wednesday
- Remote friendly with support for flexible working